Horiatiki means from the village. The authentic Greek version of the commonly known Greek salad and if you are lucky enough to visit Greece, just ask for a Horiatiki!
It is one of the cornerstones of Greek Cuisine. This salad is very simple. The quality of the ingredients used will have a huge impact on the flavour and will determine the final result. So where possible, please use high-quality organic products. In this recipe, we have used Fyllikon our first harvest EVOO, and Telies, our olives with aromatic herbs (oregano, marjoram)
- 3 Medium sized tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1 small cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper thinly sliced
- 6-8 Telies Organic Gourmet Olives
- Traditional Greek Feta (in a big slice or chunk never crumbled)
- 5-6 Tablespoons of Fyllikon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber and olives gently with three tablespoons of the EVOO and a pinch os salt. Add the pepper and onion on top. Add the feta on top and drizzle with the rest of the EVOO. Sprinkle with oregano.
Now you are ready. Don't forget some crusty table bread, you will need it for "Dunking" in the juices of the salad. If you haven't done this before, then you must do this. It's utterly divine!!